Authors: Cheryl Angst, Katharine Borgen, Barbara Dominik, Mark Healy, Angela Kaisser
Format: Print and CD
Note: This is for individual orders within Canada.
Schools, wholesalers, and retail outlets, please see information here.
For examination copies, please complete our examination copy request form.Order Here
This package contains the printed MathWorks 12 Teacher Resource and a CD containing a PDF version of the text with hyperlinks, searchable text and printable line masters.
This resource supports the use of the MathWorks 12 Student Resource to deliver the learning outcomes of the Western and Northern Canadian Protocol (WNCP) Workplace and Apprenticeship Mathematics program.
This comprehensive resource includes:
• Teaching suggestions and instructional strategies corresponding to the student resource
• Curriculum mapping
• An overview of the mathematical concepts covered in each chapter of the student resource, including examples of their relevance in the workplace
• Assessment rubrics
• Project overviews and alternative chapter projects
• Worked solutions for all questions in the student resource, including alternative methods and extension activities
• Line masters and sample chapter tests
• Suggestions for ways to incorporate technology into the classroom
1. Linear Relations
2. Limits to Measurement
4. Probability and Odds
5. Properties of Geometric Figures
8. Owning a Small Business
MathWorks is designed to meet the needs of students enrolled in the Western and Northern Canadian Protocol (WNCP) Workplace and Apprenticeship Mathematics program. The only authorized resource for Workplace and Apprenticeship Mathematics, MathWorks addresses 100% of the learning outcomes described in the WNCP Common Curriculum Framework for Grades 10-12 Mathematics.
Alberta Education Assessment Standards for Mathematic 30-3: This document provides achievement indicators for specific outcomes of the curriculum, as well as standards for assessing individual student achievement relative to the curriculum outcomes. The document provides page number cross-references to the MathWorks 12 Student Resource.
Programs that accept Workplace and Apprenticeship mathematics:
Entrance requirements for Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training programs
Errata: The original printing of MathWorks 12 Teacher Resource contained the errors found in this document (PDF). We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. These errors will be corrected in future printings of the resources.
Webinar Tutorial: MathWorks and Literacy:
Webinar Tutorial: MathWorks and Hands-On Learning:
- MathWorks 12 Student Resource (ISBN 9780986510816)
- MathWorks 12 Student Resource Digital (CD) (ISBN 9780986510823)
- MathWorks 12 Student Resource Package (Book and CD) (ISBN 9780986510847)
- MathWorks 12 Student Workbook (ISBN 9780986510854)
- MathWorks 12 Student Workbook CD (Reproducible) (ISBN 9781926966571)
- MathWorks 12 Teacher Resource (ISBN 9780986510878)
- MathWorks 12 Teacher Resource Digital (CD) (ISBN 9780986510885)
- MathWorks 12 ExamView Test Bank (ISBN 9781926966038)
- MathWorks 12 Student Workbook Solutions (CD) (ISBN9781926966588)
- MathWorks 12 Student Resource Digital Licence (ISBN 9780986510830)