Authors: Cheryl Angst, Katharine Borgen, Barbara Dominik, Mark Healy, Angela Kaisser
Format: Book and CD
Note: This is for individual orders within Canada.
Schools, wholesalers, and retail outlets, please see information here.
For examination copies, please complete our examination copy request form.Order Here
This package includes the printed MathWorks 12 Student Resource and a CD containing PDF and Flipbook versions of the text.
MathWorks 12 Student Resource was created to help students make a connection between what they learn in school and the real world. Each chapter is designed to engage students, build their knowledge, and help them develop reasoning, visualization, communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
The Student Resource will help students:
• Connect and apply mathematical concepts in real-world scenarios
• Understand how math is used in the workplace by exploring profiles of working Canadians
• Enhance their mental math and estimation skills
• Practise their new skills and develop problem-solving strategies through a series of contextual problems
• Reflect on their learning and assess their understanding before progressing to the next chapter
The package is designed for individual use. A Digital Licence is available for schools wishing to share the electronic version of the Student Resource with more than one student.
1. Linear Relations
2. Limits to Measurement
4. Probability and Odds
5. Properties of Geometric Figures
8. Owning a Small Business
MathWorks is designed to meet the needs of students enrolled in the Western and Northern Canadian Protocol (WNCP) Workplace and Apprenticeship Mathematics program. The only authorized resource for Workplace and Apprenticeship Mathematics, MathWorks addresses 100% of the learning outcomes described in the WNCP Common Curriculum Framework for Grades 10–12 Mathematics.
Alberta Education Assessment Standards for Mathematic 30-3: This document provides achievement indicators for specific outcomes of the curriculum, as well as standards for assessing individual student achievement relative to the curriculum outcomes. The document provides page number cross-references to the MathWorks 12 Student Resource.
Programs that accept Workplace and Apprenticeship mathematics:
Entrance requirements for Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training programs
Errata: The original printing of MathWorks 12 Student Resource contained the errors found in this document (PDF).
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. These errors will be corrected in future printings of the resources.
Webinar Tutorial: MathWorks and Literacy:
Webinar Tutorial: MathWorks and Hands-On Learning:
“Kids love your projects!” —teacher Bill Eng, Marian Graham Secondary, Saskatoon, SK
“It’s all problem-based, so it’s perfect; it’s real world. I love your resources.” —teacher Lindsay Shaw, Craik School, SK
- MathWorks 12 Student Resource (ISBN 9780986510816)
- MathWorks 12 Student Resource Digital (CD) (ISBN 9780986510823)
- MathWorks 12 Student Workbook (ISBN 9780986510854)
- MathWorks 12 Student Workbook CD (Reproducible) (ISBN 9781926966571)
- MathWorks 12 Teacher Resource (ISBN 9780986510878)
- MathWorks 12 Teacher Resource Digital (CD) (ISBN 9780986510885)
- MathWorks 12 Teacher Resource Package (Book and CD) (ISBN 9780986510892)
- MathWorks 12 ExamView Test Bank (ISBN 9781926966038)
- MathWorks 12 Student Workbook Solutions (CD) (ISBN9781926966588)
- MathWorks 12 Student Resource Digital Licence (ISBN 9780986510830)