Authors: Katharine Borgen, Catherine Edwards, Sheeva Harrysingh-Klassen, Mark Healy, and Craig Yuill
Format: Hard cover and CD
Note: This is for individual orders within Canada.
Schools, wholesalers, and retail outlets, please see information here.Order Here
This package includes the printed MathWorks 10 Student Resource and a CD containing PDF and Flipbook versions of the text.
MathWorks 10 Student Resource was created to help students make a connection between what they learn in school and the real world. Each chapter is designed to engage students, build their knowledge, and help them develop reasoning, visualization, communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
The Student Resource will help students:
• Connect and apply mathematical concepts in real-world scenarios
• Understand how math is used in the workplace by exploring profiles of working Canadians
• Enhance their mental math and estimation skills
• Practise their new skills and develop problem-solving strategies through a series of contextual problems
• Reflect on their learning and assess their understanding before progressing to the next chapter
This package is designed for individual use. A Digital Licence is available for schools wishing to share the electronic version of the Student Resource with more than one student.
2. Earning an Income
3. Length, Area, and Volume
4. Mass, Temperature, and Volume
5. Angles and Parallel Lines
6. Similarity of Figures
7. Trigonometry of Right Triangles
MathWorks is designed to meet the needs of students enrolled in the Western and Northern Canadian Protocol (WNCP) Workplace and Apprenticeship Mathematics program. The only authorized resource for Workplace and Apprenticeship Mathematics, MathWorks addresses 100% of the learning outcomes described in the WNCP Common Curriculum Framework for Grades 10–12 Mathematics.
Alberta Education Assessment Standards for Mathematics 10-3: This document provides achievement indicators for specific outcomes of the curriculum, as well as standards for assessing individual student achievement relative to the curriculum outcomes. The document provides page number cross-references to the MathWorks 10 Student Resource.
Errata: The original printing of MathWorks 10 Student Resource contained the errors found in this document (PDF). We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. These errors will be corrected in future printings of the resources.
- MathWorks 10 Student Resource (ISBN 9781895766516)
- MathWorks 10 Student Resource Digital (CD) (ISBN 9781895766851)
- MathWorks 10 Workbook (ISBN 9781895766943)
- MathWorks 10 Student Workbook CD (Reproducible) (ISBN 9781926966175)
- MathWorks 10 Teacher Resource (ISBN 9781895766530)
- MathWorks 10 Teacher Resource Digital (CD) (ISBN 9781895766899)
- MathWorks 10 Teacher Resource Package (Book and CD) (ISBN 9781895766912)
- MathWorks 10 ExamView Test Bank (ISBN 9780986714191)
- MathWorks 10 Student Workbook Solutions (CD) (ISBN 9781926966113)
- MathWorks 10 Student Resource Digital Licence (ISBN 9781895766998)